60 Strong in the News
KXAN News Studio 512 interviewed Austin 60 Strong program director Ronnie Castello about our calendar contest contest!
Connected Senior Care Advantage is seeking inspirational seniors between the ages of 60-69 who are healthy, fit, and truly exemplify that "60 is the new 40" in Austin, TX. The winners will be selected by a panel of Austin celebrity judges, and receive red-carpet treatment as they participate in a photoshoot at some of Austin's most notable landmarks. They will be paid for their time as a model and appear in a widely-circulated calendar that includes some of the most popular activities in the city, as well as health and wellness tips for seniors as they navigate the Medicare years.
Remember the deadline is August 15th, 2018 to nominate an inspirational 60-69 year old to appear on the 2019 Austin 60 Strong calendar. Austin60Strong.com
Nominate someone today!
If your nominee is chosen, you will receive $65 worth of gift cards to Austin area establishments.
Who Should be Nominated: Eligible candidates must be between the ages of 60 and 69 and reside in the following Texas counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson. They should be inspirational to others. Perhaps they are living a healthy lifestyle by eating right or challenging themselves to reach new levels of fitness. Candidates may be pursuing a new hobby, involved in charitable organizations or volunteering time to their local communities. They may be bravely dealing with a chronic condition or overcoming other health challenges.
Who Can Nominate: Anyone who is a resident of Austin and surrounding suburbs, and over 18 is eligible to nominate a candidate for the Austin 60 Strong Contest. Applicants can nominate more than one person and can nominate themselves. The physicians, executives and their family members can nominate a candidate for the contest, however they will not receive a prize for the nomination. These persons are also excluded from participating as an Austin 60 Strong Ambassador.
How to Enter
- Fill out the application below.
- Write and submit a 200-word essay. The essay should include information on what candidates doing to stay healthy and fit; how they help others and are involved in their community; contributions they make to charitable organizations; and most importantly, why they are inspirational to others.
- Upload and submit a headshot and a full-length photo of candidate. Professional photos are not necessary; a cell phone photo is adequate.
- All electronic entries must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
- Download the application form HERE.
- Fill out application form.
- Write and include a 200-word essay, including how your candidate is inspirational to others their age and what they are doing to stay healthy and fit.
- Include a 4x6 headshot and a 4x6 full-length shot of the candidate. Professional photos are not necessary; a cell phone photo is adequate.
- Place all elements in an envelope and mail to: Connected Senior Care Advantage Attn: Austin 60 Strong Contest, 4515 Seton Center Parkway, Suite 250, Austin, TX 78759
- All entries by mail must be postmarked by Friday, August 10,2018.
How Ambassadors are selected: A panel of celebrity judges will select the 12 central Texas residents who inspire us the most. Candidates will be judged on the following criteria: What they are doing to be healthy and fit; contributions to charitable organizations/helping others; community leadership/Involvement; and most importantly, why they are inspirational to others.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates nominees must sign a consent form. They will be contacted via email to complete the nomination process.
Official Contest Rules
For a copy of official contest rules and conditions, please click here.
Ambassadors: Those selected will participate in a 5-7 hour professional photo shoot September 13 to September 15, 2018 and will receive $100 per hour for their time and participation. They will be prominently featured on an Austin 60 Strong calendar and possibly receive local media coverage. Winners will be notified by email or cell phone by August 29, 2018 and announced on the Austin60Strong.com website by August 31, 2018.
Nominators: Anyone who nominates a winning contestant will receive $65 worth of gift cards to Austin area establishments.
ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2018, OR SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY BY MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2018.
If you have a question about the contest, email us at 60Strong@ConnectedSeniorCare.com.