To participate in Connected Senior Care Advantage, you must be enrolled in a participating Medicare Advantage plan and designate one of our Primary Care Physicians to oversee your program. If you are enrolled in a PPO, this designation does not limit your network access or create the need for a referral – it simply ensures that you have designated a physician to watch over your care and help facilitate a care plan for you.
Depending on your status, there are different enrollment periods:
- If you are a patient that soon will be turning 65, you are eligible to participate in an Initial Enrollment Period determined by your birth month. This period starts three months prior to your 65th birthday, includes your birth month and extends three months after your birth month. It is important to enroll during the Initial Enrollment Period to avoid any gap in coverage, potential late enrollment fees or having to delay enrollment until the next general enrollment period.
- If you are working past 65, are covered by group health insurance and plan to retire from work soon, your separation date from work triggers a Special Enrollment Period, during which you can enroll. You will want to work with your insurance broker to ensure there are no gaps in coverage.
- If you qualify for Extra Help due to prescription drug expenses, you may join or switch Medicare Advantage plans one per calendar quarter during the first nine months of the year. This special election period can be used one during one of these three periods: January through March, April through June, and July through September.
- If you are currently on Medicare, there is an Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) each year from October 15 through December 7 during which you can compare your options and make or change your selection.
Each year, the health plans review the features of their plans and their formularies. Many of the changes can be substantial from year to year and many new features may be added like dental, vision, hearing aid, over-the-counter medication subsidies, transportation and much more. It is prudent to meet annually with a licensed insurance agent to help review your needs and help you in selecting the plan that is best for you.
When you join one of our partner Medicare Advantage plans from Aetna, Humana or WellCare, and you designate one of our member primary care physicians from Austin Regional Clinic or Premier Family Physicians on your application to oversee your care, you are automatically enrolled in Connected Senior Care Advantage at no additional cost.
To reach a certified and licensed insurance broker that understands our program and is appointed by the companies that we are contracted with, you may utilize one of the following options:
- Call our partner Insurance Line, powered by Empower Brokerage. They can help you over the phone or book a face-to-face appointment for you with a local broker:
Austin Regional Clinic – 817-410-5954
Premier Family Physicians – 817-410-5958
Capital Medical Clinic – 817-410-5963
- Attend a Medicare 101. These are taught by our preferred certified brokers in an educational environment and you can see and enroll in our upcoming sessions here.
- Get a quote online. Learn more about the plans in your area with our convenient get-a-quote tool located on our patients page.